Basic Mode Grid Controls (All you'll need for projects using a
Phi-based "golden ratio" grid)
- The Transparent Borderless "Golden Ratio " Grid Overlay - Drag and resize the Phi-based
grid as a transparent overlay to any image or application on your computer
screen. PhiMatrix provides a free-floating grid with no application window frame or border to
obstruct your images or other applications.
- Windows and Mac - Developed in cross-platform environment to run
on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OS X.
- Easy, Intuitive, Helpful User Interface - Descriptions and
intuitive icons on the Control Window to describe each control. Help
bubbles appear over every icon or control to describe its function.
- One Click Controls - The "Quick Click" icons on top and
left sides of the Control Window cycle through most common options with the click of the mouse or roll
of the mouse wheel.
- Select the Number of Grid Lines - Vary the number of horizontal and
vertical grid lines from 0 to 100.
- Select the Grid Orientation - Flip the orientation of the grid to any of the four
corners (top, bottom, left, right) or just display it in mirrored mode (top & bottom, left & right, center)
or with either the horizontal or vertical grid lines eliminated.
- Easy Grid Resizing - Resize with the mouse by clicking and dragging
on the grid or change the size of the grid
by using the controls and mouse wheel on the
- Easy Grid Positioning - Move the grid on the screen by clicking and
dragging on the grid with the mouse, by using cursor controls on the
keyboard or by the control panel with the mouse wheel.
- Custom Grid Colors - Click through standard colors selections for
easier viewing against different images or use the color palette for user
- Select the Transparency - Adjust the grid transparency from 0 to
100 percent transparency to make it easier to see your original image.
Basic Program Menu Functions and Controls (Icons on the top row and in menu functions)
- Resizable Control Window - Variable Control Window sizes to minimize its
footprint on the desktop screen when descriptions are not needed.
- Copy/Save/Print - Finished images can be copied to clipboard, saved
to image files (gif, jpg, bmp, png, pict) or sent to the printer.
- Reset - Reset button to return the grid to its original
settings or saved personal default settings with a mouse click.
- Save/Load Settings - Save as many favorite grid settings to disk as
you want or load a variety of sample grids available for free on the
User Guide page.
- Save Settings as Default - Save the current grid settings as a
default to be loaded automatically when the program is next launched or when
the Reset button is selected. (Available from File menu.)
- XY Grid Data - Data window to show gridline positions in pixels,
percents or measures based on user project dimensions, which can be copied to
- Color Palette Window - A color palette generator used to generate
rich, appealing color schemes. The entire PhiMatrix color palette is based on
golden ratio (Phi) relationships of the hues of two colors.
- Add Notes - Add your own title and footer text to the grid to
annotate images (Options tab).
- Lock and Deactivate Grid - Deactivate and lock the grid in position
to prevent the mouse controls of the grid from interfering with the functions
of the underlying program (e.g., use paint tools in Photoshop without any
interference of the mouse in PhiMatrix.)
- View - Automatically sets the Control Window settings to provide
instant access to a variety of gird patterns including phi grid, phi circles,
phi ovals, golden rectangles, golden spirals, Fibonacci grids, Rule of Thirds
grid, square grids, rectangle grids and dental grids. Also select
advanced program options for aspect, orientation and border width.
- Act(ivation) - Select free trial, purchase or update, perform
offline registration and select language option.
Advanced Mode Grid Controls (To add or change a border around the grid or set
fixed aspect ratios and orientations for photo editing, layout, etc.)
- Select Line Width - Grid line width option from 1 pixel to 30
- Select / Define Aspect Ratios - Lock grid to common aspect ratios
used in photos, digital media and print (e.g., Golden Rectangle, 5x7, 16x9, 8.5x11,
- Select Landscape / Portrait - Select grid aspect ratios to
landscape or portrait orientation.
- Variable Border Size - Adjustable border size to frame surrounding image
outside of the PhiMatrix grid itself for saving, copying or printing the
entire image area.
- Optional Variable Image Border Styles - Choice of optional borders to show the screen
area surrounding the grid selected for copy/save/print.
Expert Mode Grid Controls (To use grid line ratios other than Phi for added
versatility and more demanding applications)
- Grid Ratio Options - Additional grid line ratios beyond Phi,
including Square Root Phi, Marquardt Ratio (Cube Root Phi), Phi Squared, Fibonacci
Series, Levin Dental Grid, 1, 2, 3, Root 2, Root 3, Root 5, Ovals/Circles and user defined
- Grid Progressions - Gridline progression option that divides the
entire grid inward or expands the smallest grid segment outward, by phi
and other ratios.
- File menu includes options to:
- Save, copy or print images
- Save or reset program options
- Open the Data Window or Color Palette Window
- View menu includes options to:
- Access numerous preset grid options, including Phi, Fibonacci, Golden
Rectangle, Golden Spiral, Circles, Ovals, Rule of Thirds, Squares,
Rectangles, Face, Dental Grid
- Change Aspect, Orientation, Border Size
- Hide, lock and zoom the grid
- Act menu includes options to:
- Try or Purchase the Program
- Perform offline activation functions
- Set the language to English, German, French, Italian, Spanish,
Portuguese or Humgarian. Other languages available upon request.
- Help menu includes options to:
- Access information about the program
- Access online Help guides
Version 1.618 screen shots:
Grid Border Options
Control Window Options
borderless grid, line and
watermark with combinations.
Also titles and footers
|With Icons, Controls,
Note: Clicking on icons cycles
through the most common
Free-floating Borderless Grid
Line / Light with Title and Footer
Light watermark border only
Sample Grids, illustrating a variety of possible
variations (Click on image to enlarge)