If you experience any difficulties or error messages while installing PhiMatrix, please see the following tips below for immediate resolution.
The most common issues that may prevent installation include:
- Mac OS X 9 and 10 give an “Unidentified Developer” App warning message.
- Windows 8.1 Pro and 10 Pro HyperV error message prevents installation.
- Wanting to verifying that PhiMatrix is free of viruses and malware, especially after receiving a “false positive” warning messages from other security software
See the specific explanations below or steps for resolution of these issues below.
Unidentified App message on Mac OS X
If you receive an “Unidentified App Message”- Right-click (or control-click) on the application choose “Open.” Click the “Open” button at the next dialog warning to launch the app. We are a registered developer with Apple but are not selling through the Apple Store at this time. See Apple Knowledge Base, Apple Forum or tips for additional explanation.
Installation on Windows 8.1 and 10 Pro edition with Virtual Machine enabled.
This edition has an option called “hypervisor” which is turned on by default and used for sandbox testing of programs. It is not required in normal usage of other programs and will not work with PhiMatrix. To turn hypervisor off, go to Control Panel, click “Programs”, click “Turn Windows features on or off”, make sure the “Hyper-V” checkbox is unchecked and click “OK”. Then restart Windows and install PhiMatrix. If this does not resolve the issue, contact us and we will make a server side revision to your license to resolve this issue.
Verifying that PhiMatrix is free of viruses and malware
If you would like to verify that PhiMatrix is clean before downloading it, we recommend that you use VirusTotal, which as reported by Forbes is a Google-owned company. It allows you to test any file for virus and malware using dozens of different commercial security software engines, such as Norton, MacAfee, AVG and others. Just do this:
- Go to VirusTotal
- Click on the URL tab
- Enter the URL for the PhiMatrix installation file:
- For PhiMatrix 1.618 Professional use https://www.phimatrix.com/PhiMatrix1618ProWin.exe for Windows or https://www.phimatrix.com/PhiMatrix1618ProMac.dmg for Mac.
- For PhiMatrix Golden Ratio Design use https://www.phimatrix.com/PhiMatrixGoldenRatioDesignWin.exe for Windows or https://www.phimatrix.com/PhiMatrixGoldenRatioDesignMac.dmg for Mac.
- Click on the “Scan it” button
- Review the “Analysis” tab results for a report on the PhiMatrix site itself.
- Click on the “Go to download file analysis” link above next to “File scan” for a report on the PhiMatrix installation file.
Please note that PhiMatrix has digital code signing certified by Comodo to provide our customers with the following benefits and protections:
- Verifies publisher’s identity
- Verifies integrity of content
- Safeguards software from tampering
- Improves customer confidence
- Improves software downloads
- Avoids Windows error messages
- Protects the reputation of software publisher
- Creates a trusted software distribution outlet
Even so, we cannot continuously control actions taken by Microsoft, Apple and others that can impact the installation of PhiMatrix. Below are some issues that have been reported and their resolution. We want you to enjoy using PhiMatrix and your experience as a customer to be great. If you have any problems at all, please contact our technical support team via the Contact page.